Monday, October 06, 2008

God Is Enough

Last night I listened to the testimony of a friend who has been down a long road of difficulty in his life lately. The last year has been filled with introspection, and he told the story of contemplating his committment to God as if life was a poker game. He had been witholding some of his "chips," afraid to bet everything on the King. But, during this year, he consciously decided to place all the chips on the table and let go of everything this world has to offer. At first, things were rough. God brought adversity into my friends life....I cannot help but wonder if God was testing my brother. I know in my life, wrestling with myself and God's Spirit takes time and struggle. Just as Christ was "made perfect through suffering (Hebrews 2:10)," so also we must go through the fire to have the imperfections burned away (1 Peter 1:7). Without suffering, we hold some of our chips in reserve. God knows this. We figure it out only after the trial is over. What we find is that despite all, God is enough.

No comments: