Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Prayer

Lord, you are wonderful.
Forgive me for my sinfulness.
You are almighty. All powerful. Creator and sustainer of heaven and earth.
Who am I that you consider me?
You are majestic, dazzling, beautiful and terrifying. High and lifted up. Enthroned above all you have created.
Yet your love for me is steadfast.
You are pure. White hot sinlessness. Without the smallest hint of imperfection.
You have made a way for my incredible mess to be yours.
Your are eternal and transcendent of time and space.
I am a dot on an endless beach of time and people.
Yet you know me by name. You look at my heart and see my thoughts.
O how great is your mind O God, infinite in it's capabilities.
And sometimes, in my folly, I presume that I know something about you.
Even as I seek you I sin.
How can you O great God put up with me?
It is only by the righteousness you have given me in Christ, by his blood.
Jesus is my Lord, savior, God, brother, hope and salvation.
I have done nothing.
O give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His steadfast love endures forever.
I am loved because of who God is and not because of who I am.
Lord you are my help and my shield, my strength and my hope.
What can I possibly desire that is more worthy that you?
You are the pearl of greatest price. You are priceless. All the riches, glory and pleasure in the world are dung in comparison to you.
Why? Why do I seek dung?
Forgive me O Lord.
To be with you is to experience the eternal shalom; the way "it" should be.
To be without you is to experience anti-shalom. Cursed ground and life with death.
O Lord let me be with you. Show me your glory. I can do nothing. I am nothing.
You are everything!
I love you O Lord.
Amen.

No comments: