Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Meditation

If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O LORD, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. Ps. 130:3,4

T: No one can stand before God based on their own righteousness (lack of sin). It is by God's mercy we are forgiven. Mercy is NOT giving to us what we deserve (punishment). We fear God because we recognize that it is only by his will that we are saved. We therefore honor, worship and submit to him. (Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8).

A: Lord I adore you for your mercy to me. My sin is an unliftable weight, crushing me to the ground. Yet you have considered me in your great love and kindness and placed the load on Jesus. Bearing the wrath for my sin. I am forgiven. I worship you for your love, for your kindness to me, for enduring the torture and punishment I deserve. Praise be to your glorious name. (Romans 3:25).

C: Lord you know my sin. It has driven me to my bed in despair this week. I cannot even pray without sinning. I confess I am a miserable wretch, incapable of any good except by the working of the Spirit in my life. I repent. Forgive me.

T: Thank you Lord Jesus for saving me! Thank you for bearing my sin and crediting to me your righteousness! (2 Corinthians 5:21)

S: Lord, restore unto me the joy of my salvation. Let me please, honor and serve you well today by your power. (Psalm 51:12).

Amen.

No comments: