Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Save Me, O My God

O LORD, how many are my foes!
Many are rising against me;
many are saying of my soul,
there is no salvation for him in God.

Satan is my ultimate foe, wanting me
to doubt my salvation and to render
me ineffective.

But you, O LORD, are a shield about me,
my glory and the lifter of my head.
I cried aloud to the LORD,
and he answered me from his holy hill.

God protects against Satan,
evil men's schemes, useless
affliction and loss of salvation.


He restores unto me the joy of my
salvation.

I lay down and slept;
I awoke again, for the LORD sustained me.
I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.

Whom shall I fear if the LORD loves
me? Perfect love drives out fear and
God is perfect love.


I awoke because the LORD has
something for me to do on earth
today.

Arise, O LORD!
Save me, O my God!
For you strike all my enemies on the cheek;
you break the teeth of the wicked.

Salvation belongs to the LORD;
your blessing be on your people.


Psalm 3 with comments.

No comments: