Friday, November 02, 2007

The Desert.

I have been in the desert for a week. Dry. Missing God, but too frustrated with myself and life to seek him. I get this way atleast for a few days every six or eight weeks. This episode started with being busy doing the "work of a Christian"...accountability groups, Bible studies, etc. I was so busy I didn't spend time in the morning with God. I began taking more interest in worldly things which led to more disappointment and frustration. Like Martha, I wasn't sitting at Jesus' feet and just listening. After getting caught up in worldliness, I usually begin to feel depressed with my sin. This lasts a day or two and then God in his great mercy lifts me out of the miry pit (Ps 40:2). Right now I am being lifted out and God is showing me the joy of my salvation (Ps 51:12). What a good God he is!

God, thank you that no one can snatch me out of your hand. Thank you for your mercy. You have never and will never leave me or forsake me. Help me to first seek you as seeking treasure. Help me to rest in you and rejoice in you. Help me to remember I am a stranger in this place. This is not my home.

No comments: