Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Weight

Felt a heavy weight on me last night brought on by difficulties in life. Nothing big. Just life. I found myself ready to have the Lord take me to be with him. It's a good thing to know I have an inheritance in heaven kept for me. Sometimes the toil of life is just such a burden. My inability to stop sinning. The fact that every day there is someone who is dissatisfied with something pertaining to my actions. Rain. I am better today. God always lifts me out of the mire when I get this way. It's a reminder though that my citizeship is in heaven, not here. I shouldn't expect a world without trouble now. Jesus said I shouldn't. I met with my brothers Jack and Kevin this morning and the fellowship reminded me that there are better things to come and that the Lord loves me so much he died on a cross so that I might spend eternity in with him.

Hebrews 10:24,25
1 Peter chapter 1
John 16:33
Psalm 40:2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother!
I just came upon your blog (after a long time)again and really appreciate your thoughts and writing.
As Christians we are 'just passing through' and God reminds us that we are not home yet...

Your Friend - BB