Thursday, January 31, 2008

Creation Groans.

Last night I read with my parents the section of Romans chapter 8 which talks about creation being subjected to decay by the curse of sin through Adam's actions. Creation groans waiting to be released from it's bondage. I was reminded in two ways today at work of this bondage in myself. The bondage of sin and the bondage of decay. First, in utter frustration with my schedule and clients requests, I lashed out it anger and treated a person completely inappropriately. After it was over, I looked at myself with disgust, reminded of my sinfulness and my complete inability to do what is right (even though I want to). Second, I saw a high school friend who was expressing his sadness at the loss of his youthful health and strength which reminded me of my many recent physical weaknesses. We together looked forward to the time when we will have new bodies in the kingdom of heaven. (My friend is a believer). My body groans to be remade as does my spirit, and someday soon, it will happen.

No comments: