Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hunger.

I frequently am impressed with my inability to do what is right in God's eyes. Even if I try "really, really hard," I find it impossible to lead a righteous life. I am able to see sin in my thoughts, and even in my trivial actions that to others go unnoticed. It makes me sad to think I dishonor God through my sin in so many ways. I long to be a good and faithful servant to my Lord. But in reality, this sadness because of my sin and the longing to honor God point to the condition I will have in eternity. I long for myself fulfilled in purpose to the Almighty. Until I am with him this cannot be fulfilled as sin in me prevents it. Listening to Steve Brown on the radio this week was encouraging as he commented on Jesus' words on the above situation:

Matthew 5:6: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Observations:
-Those that long (hunger and thirst) for righteousnes are blessed.
-Those that long for righteousness will receive it.

No comments: