Monday, April 21, 2008

Ultimate God Compass

I came to faith in my late 20s. I had heard the story of Jesus and his death and resurrection. But I felt satisfaction in life would be found elsewhere. I set off on a journey to find fulfillment, peace, happiness....whatever you want to call it. I looked in a lot of different places over the years. Athletics, academics, partying, relationships, success, materialism. I looked for fulfillment in all. And found none. At the end of this journey, like Solomon it seemed to me life was meaningless. After running out of options, God mercifully pointed me toward him. In reality, the "compass" always points to him. We just don't look to see it, because we think we know better what is good for our lives. Jesus Christ has filled the emptiness in my life in ways that are unexplainable. He is the substance that fills the God shaped hole in each of us. Without him there is only disappointment and despair. Only he is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6).

No comments: