Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Time With God

It's easy for me to get angry at people for their actions. It's not something I am proud to admit. Patience is one of the fruits of the spirit of God and lacking patience says something about me. I have been tired and frustrated with work of late, feeling overwhelmed. Discontentment has been creeping into my attitude and coloring my life and relationships. The seeds of my perspective were sown more than a month ago when I started spending a lot less time with God. Slowly, since then, I have drifted more and more into the world and more and more into dissatisfaction. Funny how that happens. Like it says in Ecclesiastes, life (without God) is meaningless. But, in Christ, I have so much to be grateful for. The last two weeks I have been spending a lot more time in the morning and at night with God. And, I have found the joy, peace and satisfaction in him that can be found no where else. My impatience is beginning to wilt. My worldliness is waning. O Lord, that I may look to you all of my days for my satisfaction. May I turn my eyes away from worthless things. Give me an undivided heart for you that I may reverence your name in all things. Let me guard my time with you ruthlessly that I may not drift away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother! I feel the same way...funny how the 'joy stealers' come because my focus is off of Him. In the last week our hot water tank broke - basement flooded, refrigerater broke and my job is ending...not fun but not eternal.
I am so thankful my salvation is not determined by things that will burn away.
- bb